Vegan Curry Chicken Salad
Looking to switch up your lunch options? This vegan curry chicken salad is super clean and packed full of delicious flavor! Soy curls are pan-seared and then combined with a spiced sauce and slightly sweetened with sultanas.
- 2 packs soy curls
- 1/2 Tablespoon ground coriander
- 1/2 Tablespoon cumin
- 1/2 Tablespoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 Tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
- dash of cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut yoghurt
- handful of arrowroot starch
- olive oil for pan
- 1/4 cup currants/raisins/sultanas
- 1/3 cup cashews
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 4 pieces pita bread or whole wheat rolls
- Rehydrate soy curls according to package instructions.
- While soy curls are rehydrating, mix together yoghurt, seasonings, and apple juice.
- Drain rehydrated soy curls and place into a bowl. Add arrowroot starch and mix together with hands until well-coated.
- Saute soy curls in a large skillet for about 10 minutes over medium heat. Add 1-2 teaspoons of oil to prevent sticking, if needed. Cook until golden brown and a bit crispy. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, mix soy curls with curry dressing, currants/raisins/sultanas, and cashews.
- Cut open pita or roll and add soy curls and sliced veggies. Leftovers can be stored in the fridge for up to 5 days.