Cranberry Pineapple Relish
Cranberry relish is a must on the holiday table! This simple sauce is the perfect combination of sweet and tart. Recipe courtesy of Olena Heu - www.mypointofheu.com
Recipe Categories:Dressings, Dips and SaucesHoliday VeganGluten-Free Soy-FreeEkahi Ornish Cooking with KidsBudget Friendly MealsQuick & Easy
Updated: Tue, 11/24/2020 - 7:15am
- 1 can of jellied cranberries
- 1/2 cup of dried cranberries
- 1 can of crushed pineapples
- 1 cup of walnuts, can substitute with macadamia nuts
- 1 orange peel
- Pour out the can of chilled crushed pineapple into a large bowl, save the liquid from the can.
- Place the dried cranberries in a pan on medium heat and reconstitute the dried cranberries with the pineapple juice. You can add water if needed. Saute until plump and soft.
- Chop the nuts into halves or quarters (based on how chunky you'd like it) and place into the large bowl with the crushed pineapples. Mix.
- Place chilled cranberry jelly in the large bowl. Mix.
- Squeeze an orange peel atop the bowl once everything is mixed for slight flavor of orange zest.