- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 carrots, cubed
- 1 potato, cubed
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 4 Tablespoons mock chicken broth powder *
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup dry lentils, rinsed
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 bay leaves
- Dash of soy sauce
- Heat oil in a large saucepan and add garlic, onions, carrot, potato and celery. Toss on medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Dissolve mock chicken broth powder in ½ cup water and add to saucepan along with remaining water.
- Add lentils, tomatoes, bay leaves and soy sauce. Stir and bring the mixture to a boil. Cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes, or until the lentils are cooked.
- Remove bay leaves, serve and enjoy!
*Found in bulk at Down to Earth