- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups coarsely chopped broccoli
- 2 medium carrots, julienned
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- ½ teaspoon basil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- ½ cup pecans, chopped and toasted (bake at 350° for 5-7 minutes)
- ½ cup grated Parmesan or non-dairy alternative (optional)
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add broccoli, carrots and onion.
- Cook and stir until broccoli and carrots are tender and onion is beginning to brown, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, garlic and seasonings.
- Add rice and pecans. Cook, stirring until thoroughly heated, 1-2 minutes.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with cheese if desired. Enjoy!