- 1 (14-ounce) block extra firm tofu
- 1-2 Tablespoons olive oil + 1-2 Tablespoons
- ¾ cup finely chopped onion
- ½ cup grated carrot
- ⅓ cup finely diced celery
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon Spike® seasoning
- ¼ cup walnuts, chopped to a coarse meal
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- Remove tofu from package. Drain and wrap in a towel, squeezing lightly to remove excess water. Crumble into a bowl.
- Heat olive oil in a fry pan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, carrot, celery, basil and Spike. Sauté for a few minutes until golden. Remove from heat.
- Add sautéd onion mixture, walnuts, nutritional yeast, bread crumbs and soy sauce to tofu. Mix well.
- Form round balls and press into burger patties.
- Heat 1-2 Tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Fry tofu burgers in batches, turning until both sides are golden brown - about 3-5 minutes on each side.
- Serve on buns with your favorite toppings, or as a side dish. Enjoy!