- 1 package vegetarian chorizo (Mexican sausage)
- 2 (16-ounce) cans refried beans
- ⅓ cup water
- 3 cups Enchilada Sauce or 2 (15-ounce) cans enchilada sauce
- 2 packages corn tortillas, broken into halves
- 2 (6-ounce) cans black olives, sliced
- 1 (15-ounce) can corn, rinsed and drained
- 2 (4-ounce) cans green chilies
- 12-ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- Sour cream, for garnish
- Green onions, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Fry chorizo according to package directions until mixture begins to brown and crumble.
- Heat refried beans with ⅓ cup water until hot and slightly runny.
- Meanwhile, pour a thin layer of enchilada sauce in a 9"x13" casserole dish. Layer tortilla halves on top, making sure they overlap. Spread refried beans over them and sprinkle olives, corn, green chilies and cheese on top.
- Pour more enchilada sauce over the cheese and repeat layers until pan is full. Add the chorizo to the middle layer.
- Top with cheese and cover the entire pan with foil. Bake for 1 hour. Remove foil 5 minutes prior to taking out of the oven to brown the top layer of cheese.
- Serve hot and garnish with sour cream and sliced green onions. Enjoy!