- 2 (15-ounce) cans black beans
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ⅓ cup diced onion
- ¼ cup grated zucchini
- ¼ cup grated carrot
- 3 Tablespoons cornmeal
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs
- ½ teaspoon chili flakes
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Drain and rinse beans. Place in a large mixing bowl and mash with a potato masher.
- Heat olive oil in a pan and add onion, sautéing for 1 minute. Add zucchini and carrot and continue to cook until onions become soft.
- Add onion mixture to beans along with cornmeal, breadcrumbs, chili flakes, salt and pepper.
- Mix together and form into 3½” balls. Flatten into ¼” thick patties.
- Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil over medium heat and fry patties for about 5-7 minutes on each side.
- Serve on your favorite bread. Add your choice of toppings. Enjoy!