- 1 cup unsweetened soymilk
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 cup cornmeal
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 3 Tablespoons sucanat
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon chipotle powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 Tablespoons liquid coconut oil
- ½ cup corn kernels
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut butter
- Preheat oven to 350º. Grease 10 muffin cups with coconut oil. Fill remaining 2 muffin cups with water.
- Mix soymilk and vinegar and let stand for 1 minute to curdle. Set aside.
- In another large bowl mix together cornmeal, flour, sucanat, baking powder, spices, and salt.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry and stir gently to combine. Add coconut oil and corn kernels and stir until combined.
- Spoon mixture into muffin cups and bake for 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool for about 10 minutes then move to cooling racks.
- To prepare Maple Butter: Stir maple syrup and coconut butter in a small bowl until smooth. Serve with warm cornbread and enjoy