Watch us prepare this recipe on KHON’s Living 808! Making tofu from chickpeas is a fun way to add some versatility to your diet.
Recipe Categories:Appetizers and SidesBreakfastEntreesSnacks VeganGluten-Free Nut-FreeSoy-FreeEkahi Ornish Budget Friendly MealsQuick & Easy
Updated: Mon, 03/26/2018 - 8:53am
- 1 cup chickpea (garbanzo bean) flour
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Juice of ½ lemon
- In a saucepan, combine chickpea flour, water, garlic powder, salt, and lemon juice.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat, whisking constantly.
- Once mixture starts to thicken, transfer to a bowl or dish to mold.
- Refrigerate overnight to set. Serve hot or cold. Sauté with sauce to create an exciting meal, enjoy!