Vegetable Sushi Rolls
These rolls make a quick snack or lunch on the go. Change up the veggies depending on what’s in your fridge.
- 4-5 collard green leaves
- 1 cup thinly sliced spinach
- 1 cup thinly sliced cabbage
- 2 cups cooked brown rice, quinoa, or other grains
- 1 (17 gram) package toasted nori sheets
- 5-7 teaspoons ume paste, divided
- 1 avocado, sliced thinly
- De-stem collard greens. Lightly blanch in a pot of boiling water, and then set aside to let cool.
- Toss together spinach, cabbage, and grains. Set aside.
- Lay out one sheet of nori on a sushi mat or large cutting board. Spread 1 teaspoon (or less) ume paste onto nori, layer a collard leaf, then add a few slices avocado. Add some vegetable/grain mixture, and roll tightly. Continue with remaining ingredients to make about 7 rolls.
- Serve alongside pickled ginger and/or soy sauce, and enjoy!