White Bean Soup
White Bean Soup recipe from Down to Earth Organic and Natural.
Updated: Sun, 09/09/2018 - 8:49am
- 1 can white beans, drained
- 2 Tablespoons oil
- 1/2 onion, roughly chopped
- 1 large carrot, roughly chopped
- 1 celery stalk, roughly chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- Vegetable broth or water, to cover
- 1 Tablespoon red wine or sherry vinegar
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh or dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon fresh or dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes (optional)
- Salt, to taste
- Olive oil, drizzled as garnish
- Parsley, leaves minced as garnish
- Heat oil in a large pot. Saute carrots, onions, celery, and garlic until soft but not brown, 5-10 minutes.
- Add water or broth, vinegar, herbs, spices, and salt to the pot. Turn the flame to high and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and maintain a steady simmer.
- Add beans to the soup and adjust seasoning with salt.
- Top with olive oil and parsley. Serve and enjoy!