This warming soup is perfect for any season. Lots of veggies and beans make it a filling meal.
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1½ cups sliced red bell peppers
- 1 cup sliced zucchini
- 1 cup corn
- ½ cup chopped green onion
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups cooked black beans
- 1 (28-oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (4-oz) can chopped green chili peppers (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons cumin
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder, garlic powder, and coriander
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Fresh lime wedges, to garnish
- 6 corn tortillas sticks
- ¼ cup vegan margarine, melted
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder and chili powder
- Heat olive oil in a large stockpot over medium low heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté for five minutes.
- Add peppers, zucchini, green onion, and corn and toss to coat. Cook for 10 more minutes, until vegetables are soft.
- Add broth, beans, tomatoes, chilies and spices. Bring to a low boil, then cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- To make Tortillas: Slice tortillas into one-inch strips. Add to a large bowl. Drizzle with vegan margarine and sprinkle with garlic and chili powder. Toss to coat. Place onto baking sheet and broil for 5-10 minutes, or until browned.
- Divide soup into bowls and crumble Tortillas on top.
- Garnish with lime wedges and enjoy warm.