Emerald Green Soup
Broccoli and peas are both wonderful sources of protein, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, calcium and iron.
- 8 cups water
- 4 cups chopped broccoli
- 4 cups fresh or frozen peas
- 1-3 tablespoons spirulina, barley and/or wheat grass powder
- ¼ cup white or yellow miso
- Bring the water to a boil in a large stock pot
- Add the broccoli and lower heat; cover and simmer for 3-5 minutes or until bright green in color.
- Remove from heat; sitr in the peas.
- Transfer to blender and puree along with the added green powders.
- Pour back into pot over medium heat.
- Whisk in miso until completely dissolved and soup has warmed through. Serve immediately and enjoy!