- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat olive oil over medium low heat and add onion and saute until softened. Stir in garlic and saute until tender – about a minute.
- Add vegetable broth. Raise heat and bring to a boil.
- Stir in pumpkin, cinnamon and ginger and mix well. Allow to boil for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Season with salt and pepper. Serve and enjoy.