- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup thinly sliced red onions
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¾ cup medium-grain brown basmati rice
- 4-6 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup cut green beans
- 1 cup diagonally-sliced asparagus
- 1 cup peas
- Handful of fresh herbs
- Handful of fresh greens
- Sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onions and garlic and sauté for a couple of minutes until soft.
- Add rice and cook, stirring for one minute until fragrant. Add stock and bring to a boil. Cover, lower the heat, and simmer until rice is just tender, 35-45 minutes.
- Add the green beans, asparagus and peas and simmer until vegetables are bright green. Add salt and pepper, taste, and season more if necessary.
- Serve while very hot in bowls with greens and herbs. If you are serving later, add greens just before serving. Enjoy!