- 4 cups thinly sliced cabbage
- 2 cups thinly sliced cucumbers
- 1 cup thinly sliced radish
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1-2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2-4 Tablespoons brown rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ume plum vinegar
- Add all vegetables to a large non-metallic mixing bowl. Using your hands, massage with salt. Press a plate onto vegetables, and weight down with heavy books or utensils. Let stand one hour.
- Remove weights and drain excess water from the vegetables. Toss with vinegars and serve. Enjoy this vibrant raw dish alone or with your meal!