Basic Massaged Kale Salad
Start with this basic recipe and add vegetables, nuts, seeds, and dressings as you see fit. Kale Salad is perfect alone or with grains, pasta, or on a sandwich
Recipe Categories:Appetizers and SidesSalads VeganRawGluten-Free Nut-FreeSoy-Free Budget Friendly MealsQuick & Easy
Updated: Tue, 04/03/2018 - 9:12pm
- 1 bunch kale, any type
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- Pinch each salt and black pepper
Optional Salad Mix-ins:
- Shredded carrots, cucumbers, sliced red peppers, jicama
- Sliced apples, pears, orange pieces
- Sunflower, pumpkin, or hempseeds
- Chopped walnuts, almonds, pecans
- Fresh basil, arugula, dill, or parsley
- Thoroughly wash kale and shake dry. Remove leaves from stems and tear into bite-sized pieces.
- Add kale to a large bowl and massage with your hands until kale looks wilted and ‘cooked.’ Drain off any excess water.
- Toss olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper with the kale. Add any optional mix-ins. Serve immediately or keep for up to two days in the fridge. Enjoy!