Rainbow Kale Salad with Lemon Miso Dressing
Vivid, colored vegetables don’t just appeal to us visually, they offer a wide variety of different nutrients. Eating red veggies means you can expect a good dose of vitamin A or count on getting a bunch of vitamin K when you munch on leafy greens like kale.
- ½ head red cabbage, shredded
- ½ bunch kale, destemmed and torn into bite-sized pieces
- 2-4 carrots, peeled into ribbons
- 1 cucumber, sliced into rounds
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and diced
- ½ red onion, minced
- 1-2 cups sprouts of your choice
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup white miso
- 3 Tablespoons tahini
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- ½" piece fresh ginger, peeled and finely minced
- 1 Tablespoon water + more if needed
- Add all Salad ingredients to a large bowl.
- Add all Dressing ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Add a little more water to thin out if needed.
- Pour Dressing over Salad and toss gently together using your hands. If you’d like to serve this later, keep the Dressing separate until you’re ready to serve. Enjoy eating a rainbow!