Creamy Mushroom & "Sausage" Pasta
This hearty dish is great for a hungry, hungry family that wants something fast and comforting. Using simple pantry staples, you can whip this meal up in a snap. Swap out veggies for those you have on hand. Yes, there's a recipe but it's built to be a casual dish that you can eye-ball most of it.
Updated: Tue, 09/08/2020 - 3:33pm
- 1 (8-ounce) package dried pasta of choice
- 1/2 - 1 white or yellow onion, sliced roughly
- 2-3 cups mushrooms (any variety), sliced roughly
- 2-4 veggie sausage links, sliced
- 1 (16-ounce) can Cream of Mushroom
- 1 cup of milk or non-dairy milk of choice
- 3-4 cups of dark greens of choice like spinach, chopped kale, chopped dandelion greens
- Cook pasta according to package directions
- Saute onions and mushrooms in a large saute pan until softened - about 2-5 minutes.
- Stir in veggie sausage links and cook for a few minutes - you can cook until they're slightly crispy or very crispy - about 3-7 minutes.
- Pour in cream of mushroom and stir to combine.
- Pour milk into mixture. We like to pour the milk into the empty cream of mushroom can and swish around to get as much of the mixture.
- Let cook for 2-3 minutes to incorporate.
- Add in greens and stir to combine for 1-2 minutes. You don't need to cook long as the greens will naturally wilt.
- Turn off the heat and add pasta. Toss to combine.
- Serve and enjoy!