- 2 cups carob chips, divided in half
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil, divided in half
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided in half
- 1/2 cup nut butter
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- Line a muffin pan with 12 cupcake liners and set it aside.
- Melt 1 cup of carob chips with 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and 1/4 teaspoon salt over a double boiler (arrange a bowl over your saucepan that's been filled with an inch of water).
- Once the carob is melted, scoop 1 tablespoon and place into the bottom of each cupcake liner, spread it around, then place the pan in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- While the carob hardens in the freezer, prepare the nut butter filling. Stir together the nut butter and maple syrup in a bowl until the mixture is thick. Taste for sweetness and add more syrup if desired.
- Remove the pan from the freezer. The carob should be quite firm. Press 1/2 a tablespoon of the nut butter mixture on top of the carob in each cupcake liner.
- Melt the other cup of carob chips, coconut oil and salt as you did before. Scoop 1 tablespoon and spread on top of the nut butter with a small spoon. Place in the freezer for another 10 minutes to set.
- Enjoy! You can store the carob nut butter cups for a month or more in the freezer.