- 2 cups soy milk
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups cornmeal
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup canola oil
- 3 Tablespoons maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350°. Oil and flour a baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together soy milk and vinegar. Set aside.
- In a large bowl sift together the cornmeal, flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add the oil and maple syrup to the soy milk mixture. Whisk until foamy and bubbly.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry and mix together using a wooden spoon. Pour batter into prepared baking pan and bake 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Slice into squares and serve warm. Enjoy!