Spiced Apple Scones
These spiced apple scones are perfect for fall. Serve them warm with a cup of herbal tea or coffee for a delicious breakfast!
- 1 Tablespoon flaxmeal
- ¼ cup apple juice
- 2 cups flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup sugar + more for topping
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon cardamom
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon all spice
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 6 Tablespoons coconut oil, solidified
- ¾ cup almond milk
- 1 ½ cups chopped apples
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375̊.
- Combine flaxmeal and apple juice. Set aside to rest for at least 15 minutes.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, cinnamon, cardamom, ground ginger, all spice, and nutmeg.
- Add coconut oil and cut into dry ingredients until well combined. The mixture should resemble sand.
- Add flaxmeal mixture, almond milk, chopped apples, and vanilla. Mix until a dough forms. If the dough is too dry, add ¼ cup more almond milk. If dough is too wet, add ¼ cup flour.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface, and shape into a circle roughly 1-2 inches thick. Sprinkle sugar on top of the dough.
- Cut the dough circle into 6-8 triangle slices. Transfer to a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve warm with herbal tea or coffee, enjoy!