Our rapidly changing climate and increased environmental destruction worldwide are a great concern for us at Down to Earth. We often tell our customers about the surprisingly significant impact of what you choose to eat on reducing climate change and helping our environment: eating a vegetarian diet is one of the best things you can do to prevent further climate change.
At Down to Earth we strongly encourage sustainable eating and living because a plant-based diet takes less water to produce, local foods contribute less carbon to the atmosphere with less transportation required, and organic foods are grown without chemical pesticides and fertilizers that are detrimental to our land, water, and farmers now and for many, many years in the future.
- We offer a big selection of products in our stores to make your homes more healthy and environmentally-friendly, too, such as non-chemical cleaners, natural soaps, and single-use plastic alternatives.
- Down to Earth is also committed to offering compostable foodware and utensils in our deli and salad bars.
- We continue to search out the best products for the benefit of the health of our customers, their families, and our environment.
- We have long-standing relationships with many local growers and, in fact, everything you find in our produce aisles is either locally grown, organic or both.
- Additionally, we are always striving to develop new relationships with local growers to strengthen the sustainability and resilience of our Hawaii food system.
We're always on the lookout for more ways to be even more sustainable! Got a suggestion for us, we'd love to hear it! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org