Down to Earth Kahului is offering a $250 hiring bonus with first pay and $250 after passing probationary period.
Oversee daily production of food. Ensure that all team members are performing duties properly. Ensure the team serves customers promptly and in a friendly courteous manner. Perform closing of the deli duties like doing a walkthrough to see that all preps are stored properly and all equipment is properly shut down. Prepare entrées, soups, chili, sauces, dressings, etc. Prep vegetables by hand; perform a large amount of work with a knife. Properly cool all preps and store them in the outside walk ins. Make items from the sandwich and drink menus, and help serve customers out front when needed.
- Previous Supervising experience, preferred, at least six (6) months
- Previous cooking experience, preferably of at least six (6) months, good knife skills preferred.
- Basic cooking skills: follow recipes and measurements accurately.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English well.
- Contribute to building a positive team spirit.
- Previous natural foods retail experience preferred.
- Ability to respond promptly to customer needs and manages difficult or emotional customer situations well, and offer fast, friendly and efficient service.
Down to Earth offers a friendly, team-oriented work environment with great benefits including vacation, paid holidays, company-paid medical insurance, a store discount, free access to nutritional supplements, 401k, career training, entertainment discounts including movie tickets, sporting events, shows, Disneyland and more, credit union membership, access to computer training modules, mentorship program and more. Some restrictions apply. See our website for more details: https://www.downtoearth.org/about-us/employment.
Starting Pay Range
$18.00 - $20.00 per hour, commensurate with experience and education. Evaluations (with potential generous raises) are once per year.
See Why Our Team Members Love To Work Here
31% of our total team members have been with us for 5 years or more!
For any position, submit an electronic or paper application to your store(s) of interest. Please see our employment page for more details. It is not necessary to follow up on application submission. We will call applicants whose experience and background match with job requirements. *Applications are required for hiring. The fastest way to be considered for a position is to submit an application.*
Down to Earth stores are also located in Honolulu, Kakaako, Kapolei, Pearlridge, and Kailua. Please see our employment page for job opportunities at these other locations.
Make this a career, we actively promote from within!
"Being part of the Down to Earth Team is more than a job, it's a lifestyle. It's a great way to Love Life!"
- Jashi D., Store Manager at DTE Kakaako
We look forward to your application!