Chickpea & Herb Salad
Herbs add brightness to protein-rich chickpeas in this fresh salad. For quick prep, grab a couple handfuls of each fresh herb you use and chop together. You can make this dish ahead of time - it actually tastes better when the flavors have a chance to meld together.
Updated: Mon, 05/13/2019 - 9:13pm
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas or 2 cups cooked chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups roughly chopped fresh herbs like parsley, dill, basil and/or mint
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup corn
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1-2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup nuts like almonds, walnuts, or pinenuts
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all Salad ingredients.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all Dressing ingredients until well combined.
- Pour Dressing over Salad and toss well. Before serving, garnish with nut and enjoy!