- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups sliced leeks
- 4 cups chopped potatoes
- 2 (32-ounce) boxes vegetable broth
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cups plain soymilk
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ cup minced chives or scallions
- Heat oil in a large stock pot over low heat. Add in onions and garlic and sauté for 2 minutes. Stir in leeks and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Mix in potatoes, broth and herbs.
- Cover and increase heat to high; bring to a boil and simmer until vegetables are tender - about 20 minutes.
- Carefully pour mixture into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Return mixture into stock pot and heat on low. Whisk in soymilk and season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with minced chives and more pepper if desired. Enjoy!