This position will supervise the operations at the front end, helping cashiers with problems and making sure the flow of traffic at the registers is manageable; assist customers with returns, special orders, and any questions that they may have; listen to complaints and refer them to shift manager if further assistance is required; and assist customers quickly, accurately and in a pleasant manner, while offering exceptional customer service.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience Required
- Exhibits high standards of ethics, honesty, trust, accountability & respect at all times.
- Able to respond promptly to customer needs and offer fast friendly and efficient service.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English well and good knowledge of and familiarity (if necessary) with computers including Excel, Word, email, internet, etc.
- Able to follow directions with a good attitude.
- Able to supervise others and contribute to building a positive team spirit.
- Able to regularly safely lift a minimum of 30 pounds.
- Previous cashiering experience, familiarity with cash register operations.
- Ability to make change accurately.
- Previous supervisory experience, preferably of at least six (6) months.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends.
Down to Earth offers a friendly, team-oriented work environment with great benefits including vacation, paid holidays, company-paid medical insurance, a store discount, free access to nutritional supplements, 401k, career training, entertainment discounts including movie tickets, sporting events, shows, Disneyland and more, credit union membership, access to computer training modules, mentorship program and more. Some restrictions apply. See our website for more details: https://www.downtoearth.org/about-us/employment.
Starting Pay: $17.00 per hour. Pay is commensurate with experience and education. Evaluations (with potential generous raises) are once per year.
See Why Our Team Members Love To Work Here
31% of our total team members have been with us for 5 years or more!
How to Apply
Submit an electronic application at https://www.downtoearth.org/about-us/employment/apply. It is not necessary to follow up on application submission. We will call applicants whose experience and background matches with job requirements. *Applications are required for hiring. The fastest way to be considered for a position is to submit an application.*
Down to Earth stores are also located in Honolulu, Pearlridge, Kaka'ako, Kailua, and Kahului. Please see our employment page for job opportunities at these other locations.
Make this a career, we actively promote from within!
"Being part of the Down to Earth Team is more than a job, it's a lifestyle. It's a great way to Love Life!"
- Jashi D., Store Manager at DTE Kakaako
We look forward to your application!