This high-protein dip is great as a pita bread sandwich filling. You can also serve as a dip with wedges of toasted pita bread or chips, and colorful veggies such as sliced tomato, cucumber, celery and carrots. This makes a great party dip!
Updated: Sun, 07/31/2016 - 7:34am
- 3 cups garbanzo beans, cooked or canned
- 2-4 cloves fresh garlic
- ¼ cup sesame tahini (sesame seed butter)
- ⅓ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1-2 teaspoons ground cumin
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne (optional)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- kalamata olives
- In a blender or food processor thoroughly blend all ingredients except garnishes into a smooth and creamy consistency. If too thick, add a little water.
- Spoon into a serving dish and sprinkle with a little paprika. Garnish with fresh parsley and/or kalamata olives. Serve with warm pita bread cut into quarters. Enjoy!