Sweet, versatile and delicious – you’ll never go back to store-bought whipped cream. Add a couple of Tablespoons of lemon juice or apple cider vinegar for a vegan crème fraîche.
Updated: Sun, 12/15/2013 - 7:45am
- 2 cups cashews, soaked for 1 hours – drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup non-dairy milk of choice + more if needed
- 1-2 teaspoons vanilla extract + more if desired
- 2-3 Tablespoons maple syrup or agave + more if desired
- Combine all ingredients in a blender. Start blender at a low setting and gradually increase speed until mixture is smooth and creamy. This could take several minutes depending on your blender strength – if blender is unable to mix, add in more non-dairy milk a few Tablespoons at a time. Scrape down the sides as needed.
- Taste mixture and blend in more vanilla or sweetener if desired. Cashew cream can be ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for up to a week. Serve with your favorite desserts and enjoy!