- 1 bulb garlic, tips cut
- 4 tomatoes, deseeded and quartered
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup basil fresh leaves
- ¼ teaspoon rosemary
- ¼ teaspoon thyme
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Pinch of cayenne
- 1 (32-ounce) box vegetarian “chicken broth”
- 1 cup vegan cream cheese
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 2 Tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- Cut the tips off the garlic bulb and place in foil, drizzle with olive oil
and seal tight. Set aside.
- In a large bowl toss tomatoes and onions with seasonings. Turn out
onto a baking sheet. Place garlic bulb onto baking sheet, and bake
for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Squeeze garlic bulb to remove roasted cloves. Add to food
processor with tomatoes and onions, and blend until smooth.
- Add tomato puree to a large stockpot. Stir in vegetarian chicken
broth and warm over medium-low heat.
- Whisk in vegan cream cheese, nutritional yeast, agave and balsamic
vinegar until smooth.
- Taste and add salt and pepper if needed. Divide into 4-6
serving bowls and enjoy!