- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ onion, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, peeled and chopped
- ½ cup chopped crimini mushrooms (about 5 mushrooms)
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2½ cup vegetable stock or water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a medium-sized skillet over medium heat. Stir in onion and celery. Sauté for about 3 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and sauté another minute.
- Add rice and stock.
- Season with salt and pepper, stir once and cover. Cook over medium heat for about 30 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Add a little boiling water if rice is too dry at the end of the cooking process. Serve and enjoy!