on Thursday - March 15, 2018
Down to Earth Organic & Natural has an opening for full-time dishwasher at our Maui store.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience Required
- Exhibits high standards of ethics, honesty, trust, accountability & respect at all times.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English well
- Contribute to building a positive team spirit
- Know, understand, and support the company’s purpose as stated in its mission statement, core values, and other corporate governing documents.
- Know, understand, follow and ensure other team members follow all department policies and procedures.
- Find more efficient ways to do the job and seek to reduce costs and improve productivity and profitability.
- All positions require organizational skills and the abilities to safely lift 30 - 50 lbs and respond promptly to customer needs.
- Standing: frequently (washing dishes). Must be able to stand for up to an 8-hour shift.
- Walking: frequently (e.g. in the kitchen and in the parking lot)
- Climbing: occasional e.g. (ladders up to 6 feet above ground, stairs)
- Lifting: frequently up to 25 pounds, occasionally up to 40 pounds, rarely up to 50 pounds (e.g. gathering food items for cooking)
- Carrying: frequently up to 25 pounds, occasionally up to 40 pounds, rarely up to 50 pounds (e.g. bringing food and raw materials to and from the kitchen)
- Pushing/Pulling: occasionally up to 50 pounds (e.g. bringing food and raw materials to and from the kitchen).
- Stooping, bending and kneeling: occasionally (e.g. washing dishes and getting vegetables)
*Applicants with experience working with organic, local, natural, and/or vegetarian products are desired.
Flexible availability desired, with the ability to work nights and weekends; please make sure to state your availability and not your desired schedule on your application.
Down to Earth offers a friendly, team-oriented work environment with great benefits including vacation, paid holidays, company-paid medical insurance, bonuses, a store discount, free access to nutritional supplements, 401k, career training, entertainment discounts including movie tickets, sporting events, shows, Disneyland and more, credit union membership, nationwide pet insurance benefit, access to computer training modules, mentorship program and more. Some restrictions apply. See our website for more details: https://www.downtoearth.org/about-us/employment.
Starting Pay Range
Starting Pay: $12.00 - $13.50 per hour. Pay is commensurate with experience and education. Evaluations (with potential generous raises) are once per year.
See Why Our Team Members Love To Work Here
31% of our total team members have been with us for 5 years or more!
How to apply
Submit an electronic application at: https://www.downtoearth.org/about-us/employment/apply. It is not necessary to follow up on application submission. We will call applicants whose experience and background match with job requirements. *Applications are required for hiring. The fastest way to be considered for a position is to submit an application.*
Make this a career, we actively promote from within!
"Nothing is more rewarding than when our customers come back and tell me how much better they feel or how they love the products I suggested. Every day I work in the Wellness Department I have the opportunity to have that kind of positive impact on people. Working for a local company like Down to Earth, with their core values, I know I am contributing to our community in a big way."
- Carmela W., Wellness Manager at DTE Honolulu
Down to Earth stores are also located in Honolulu, Kailua, Pearlridge, and Kapolei. Please see our employment page for job opportunities at these other locations.