on Thursday - March 1, 2018
Down to Earth Organic & Natural has an opening for full-time bakers at our Kakaako store. Willingness to learn and support and promote a healthy lifestyle is a plus.
- All Team Members must provide knowledgeable, fast, and friendly customer service.
- Help customers in the Deli by taking orders and making light food (e.g., sandwiches) and smoothies etc.
- The successful candidate will be supportive of a vegetarian lifestyle and have an outgoing, team- and customer-oriented personality.
- All positions require organizational skills and the abilities to safely lift 30 - 50 lbs and respond promptly to customer needs.
- Minimum 1-year experience to include cake decorating.
*Applicants with experience working with organic, local, natural, and/or vegetarian products are desired.
- Creates and designs specialty desserts.
- Decorate cakes and other specialty desserts.
- Presents and discusses special bakery orders with customers.
- Creates complex formulations using innovative production techniques.
- Creative merchandising of all bakery products.
- Train, lead, & inspire team members.
- Experience preferred in culinary field/high volume bakery of 1 year.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a very fast-paced team environment.
- Demonstrates a desire to work in a customer service and team environment.
- Demonstrates passion and enthusiasm for working in the kitchen.
- Strong listening skills and ability to follow direction.
- Completed culinary education program or equivalent work experience.
- Food Safety Certification.
$14.00 - $16.00 per hour. Pay is commensurate with experience and education. Evaluations (with potential generous raises) are once per year.
Flexible availability desired, with the ability to work nights and weekends; please make sure to state your availability and not your desired schedule on your application.
We generally provide our team members with a fixed schedule so they are able to plan out their lives outside of work!
Down to Earth offers a friendly, team-oriented work environment with great benefits including vacation, paid holidays, company-paid medical insurance, bonuses, a store discount, free access to nutritional supplements, 401k, career training, entertainment discounts including movie tickets, sporting events, shows, Disneyland and more, credit union membership, nationwide pet insurance benefit, access to computer training modules, mentorship program and more. Some restrictions apply. See our website for more details: https://www.downtoearth.org/about-us/employment.
See Why Our Team Members Love To Work Here
31% of our total team members have been with us for 5 years or more!
How to Apply
Submit an electronic application at:https://www.downtoearth.org/about-us/employment/apply. It is not necessary to follow up on application submission. We will call applicants whose experience and background matches with job requirements. *Applications are required for hiring. The fastest way to be considered for a position is to submit an application.*
Down to Earth stores are also located in Moiliili, Kailua, Pearlridge, Kapolei, and Kahului, Maui. Please see our employment page for job opportunities at these other locations.
Make this a career, we actively promote from within!
"Being part of the Down to Earth Team is more than a job, it's a lifestyle. It's a great way to Love Life!"
- Jashi D., Manager on Duty at DTE Kapolei
We look forward to your application!